Bankruptcy is not a one-size-fits all magic bullet for dealing with overwhelming debt. Some people's debt problems are focused on just one or two debts or do not equal a large sum of money, even if the amount seems unmanageable. For such people, debt settlement may be more appropriate. Other people have serious moral and ethical objections to bankruptcy.
Is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Right for You?
Even if you are now considering the possibility of filing bankruptcy, you need to determine which type you qualify for. Most people filing personal bankruptcy will file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy typically results in a discharge — wiping out — of most or all consumer debt.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy involves a reorganization of debt, which a debtor repays in whole or in part over a three- to five-year period. At the end of the scheduled repayment time frame, remaining consumer debt is discharged.
Bankruptcy reforms enacted in 2005 were designed to make Chapter 7 bankruptcy more challenging to qualify for. Before you take a means test to determine whether you are eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you should talk to an experienced bankruptcy law attorney. An Orlando Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer can assist you as you take the means test as you determine how to characterize your assets and exemptions correctly.
Orlando Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorneys Guide Clients Through Each Step
Once you determine whether Chapter 7 is an option — and is the preferred debt relief solution in your case, list all your debts and assets, and pay the bankruptcy fees, the Law Offices of Fisher & Frommer, PLLC, can help you file your bankruptcy petition within 24 to 48 hours, in most cases. Entrust your Florida Chapter 7 bankruptcy to our law firm, and we will guide you adeptly through all its aspects:
- Help analyzing your debt
- Determining your property exemptions
- Assuring your eligibility for Chapter 7
- Reaffirming your secured debts
- Assistance filing all the necessary Chapter 7 forms
When Debt Overwhelms, Contact an Orlando Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney · Contact the Law Offices of Fisher & Frommer, PLLC.
From our law offices in Lake Mary, Orlando and Tampa, we reach out to clients over a broad geographical area. To schedule a free consultation please call or e-mail the Law Offices of Fisher & Frommer, PLLC.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.